Saturday, February 9, 2008

Professionals Get Better Mortgage Rates!

Lets take a short break to speak about mortgages.
I was recently reading that, in the UK at least, people with "professional" careers such as doctors, dentists, lawyers, etc, have better luck when it comes to applying for mortgages. Lenders seem to be willing to be more generous and trusting with professionals, giving them more for their mortgages and Remortgages. The reason is most likely because people with higher educations and professional titles are probably going to earn more, throughout their lives, than people like... say... me!
I don't really know much about mortgages, seeing as how I've never owned or tried to buy a house. Is it the same way in the USA? In a few years I'll be getting my teaching degree, and then I will want to start looking for a house. Do you think having a teaching degree counts as a professional title?
I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, huh.

7 comments:

Mortgage Rates Florida said...

Due to this instability, it is wise to check mortgage rates on a daily basis. If you want just one or two days before your mortgage off, you end up in the interest of saving yourself a ton of money every month.

North Fork Real Estate said...

If you intend to buy properties abroad, you should do a little research first about the host country's policies about foreigners buying properties in their territory.

Mortgage Broker Vancouver said...

While it's true that professionals indeed get better mortgage rates, you can find a mortgage broker to help you locate the perfect terms for you.

Mortgage Broker Kelowna said...

Before getting yourself a loan, try to evaluate your finances first to see which term will work for you and your budget.

Hamptons Real Estate said...

The Hamptons Real Estate Market has changed a lot in recent years, the one thing that remains consistent here is that the homes are all luxury designs with amenities that most in this particular market expect. Although, it might be as true for some of the more local and year round residential properties. Anyway, nice post.

Chris Pia said...

This is an interesting artice. Im not sure how I came across an real estate article, but interesting to read.

Chris Pia said...

This is an interesting article. Im not sure how I came across an real estate article, but interesting to read.