Sunday, January 13, 2008

Commercial Break: Spray Powder Shampoo!

The following is a sponsored post. Please visit our sponsor to thank them for allowing us to make more donations to our children's organizations!
I'm staying with my parents right now while I save up money for a place. It is an unideal situation in many ways, but one of the things that often bothers me is the rush for the bathroom! When my mom and I have to leave at around the same time in the morning, my mom often takes about ten hours in the shower, leaving me with barely any time to get ready! On those days I often have to whisk my still-dirty hair into a ponytail or braids and just go! Other times, I need to get up and take a shower, but someone is doing laundry and there's no hot water left for me! And there have been other times... such as when I've been camping, or the time I took a three-day Greyhound trip across the country... that I've been forced to neglect my hair. At those times I always wished for some way I could shampoo my hair without needing to get in the shower! A few times I even tried to mix my own showerless shampoo, using water and a little bit of shampoo and conditioner mixed in a spray bottle! (It didn't work... and resulted in a very itchy head!)
As it turns out, there is a way to do that! There is now a dry shampoo product that makes it possible to clean your hair without water, between regular shampoos. Apparently all you do is buy the version with the color that matches your own hair color, spray it onto your roots, wait for it to dry, and then brush your hair. Afterwards, you have clean, shiny hair, and you can style it as usual!
This is definitely something I am going to buy! I'm sure it will come in handy for me, next time I find myself unable to take a shower when I need to go someplace in a hurry!

No comments: