Thursday, December 6, 2007

Gift For Maria Jose



Hi everyone! As you may know, we (meaning me and everyone who helps out by reading this blog!) have just started sponsoring Maria Jose, a two-year-old girl who lives in Colombia. I picked up a few small Christmas gifts for Maria Jose and I will send them as soon as the Children International rep writes me back with the little girl's local field office! (They don't like to forward large packages from their USA office, because the cost of shipping can get expensive for them!) Hopefully the package will be able to get to Maria Jose in time for Christmas!
Anyway I thought you might like to see what I'm sending...

One thing is a little white teddybear with a Christmas hat and scarf. Also two books: Lupe Lupita, Where Are You? and Dora Explora Los Colores. The cool thing about these books is that they are in both Spanish and English, so somebody can read them to her in Spanish and she'll understand, and she could also maybe learn the English words as well!

I'm busy wrapping presents for the rest of my crew now, but I just thought I'd take a break to show you these little treasures!!!

Have a good day!

2 comments:

HomeandHearth said...

What a great thing to do for Christmas!

My Boyfriend and I each support a Children International child, but we'd understood the guidelines to say that we couldn't send *anything* to our kids but letters. Thanks for the information! :)

HomeandHearth said...

The child I sponsor is from Honduras (I chose the country actually because I had a coworker from there).

Boyfriend chose his sponsored child, and I'm not sure what country he's from.

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to make sure a little something for Christmas or New Years' goes out :)