Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Commercial Break: Wonderful Vacations!


The following is a sponsored post. Please visit our sponsor's site to thank them for allowing us to make more donations to children's organizations!
My mom loves to travel, and I was lucky because as I grew up, I got to visit just about every state in the USA at one point or another! Many of our vacations were educational roadtrips, but one of my favorite trips was when I was already in my early twenties, and my parents and I Went on a trip to Key West. I really fell in love with that beautiful island! We spent a lot of time just doing relaxing things like swimming in the ocean or in the hotel's pool. But I loved the downtown area of Key West the best, with all of its quirky little shops! For years, I had owned a T-shirt that said Sloppy Joe's Bar and Grill, which I had gotten from a clothing closet when I was younger. Now, I finally got the chance to actually go to Sloppy Joe's Bar And Grill and eat a sloppy joe! (My mom took a picture of me eating it.) I also tried cola with lime, years before Coke and Pepsi came out with a version of the drink! I loved walking along the boardwalk at Sunset Festival each evening, listening to the street musicians, seeing the weird talents of performers, and watching the sun go down over the ocean. And I'll always remember the man who fed all of the stray cats! I gave him some money every evening when I saw him, and I would go and play with all the cats. (We also saw a mouse, which was sitting on top of a cat, which was sitting on top of a dog!) On the very last night we were there, it rained while we were downtown, but the rain actually felt refreshing instead of annoying... and then when it stopped, we saw a huge double rainbow spread across the sky!
I loved Key West, and I hope I get to go back someday! Maybe I can get a discount ticket through Trusted Tours and Attractions. By the way, if you sign up for their Trusted Travel eNewsletter, you'll be entered into a drawing to win an Ipod nano!
Happy traveling!

No comments: