Thursday, December 20, 2007

Commercial Break: Newest Johnny Depp Movie!

The following is a sponsored post. Please visit our sponsor's site to thank them for allowing us to make more donations to children's organizations!
I'm not very good at keeping track of all the different actors and actresses in the world. But one of the actors I really do like is Johnny Depp. He always brings something unique (and sorta weird!) to the movies he's in! I have to say, probably my favorite movie starring him was Pirates of the Caribbean. I love the scene in which Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth get thrown off the pirate ship, and end up stranded on Rum Island, where they make the best of things by getting drunk and singing "Yo-ho, yo-ho, a pirate's life for me!" Makes me want to be a pirate too! (I've looked all over the Internet for a video of this scene, but can't find it!)
But one of the first Johnny Depp movies I ever fell in love with, when I was a kid, was "Benny and Joon." Johnny Depp plays Benny, an eccentric and goofy young dude who falls in love with an equally eccentric girl with schizophrenia, despite the protests of the girl's older brother/guardian. If you know me at all, you can probably guess why this movie, about two total misfits who find each other, hit home for me! My favorite scene in that movie is when Benny, and Joon's brother Sam, are trying to sneak into the psych ward to visit Joon. Although Benny desperately wants to see Joon, he knows how important it is for Sam to see her, so he creates a diversion, sliding down the hallway on his knees in front of some orderlies and saying, "Mommy?" Of course the orderlies mistake him for another psych patient and drag him off, giving Sam the opportunity to go find his sister.
I don't know, maybe that last scene is my all-time favorite Johnny Depp scene. I really did love the character Benny !
Actually, there is a new Johnny Depp movie coming out soon, called Sweeney Todd. I believe the movie is based on an old legend, which was also made into a novel and a Broadway show. In the movie, Depp plays Sweeney Todd, a young barber who gets wrongly sent to prison. When he gets out, Sweeney Todd vows revenge against the judge who sent him to prison... but apparently he has a lot of extra pent-up anger, because he opens up a new barber shop and uses it as a chance to slit the throats of his customers. Oh yeah, and then his girlfriend uses the victims' bodies to make meat pies!
It sounds like a pretty gory movie, right? But even if you don't like horror movies, this one may be worth going to see. Its a musical, and we'll get to hear Johnny Depp sing!
See for yourself what this movie is all about, by going to visit the official Sweeney Todd movie site! You can also visit Sweeney Todd on Myspace.


No comments: