Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Commercial Break: Steven King's Newest Movie


The following is a sponsored post. Please visit this sponsor to thank them for helping us make more donations to children's charities!
Are you a Steven King fan? WHat is your favorite Steven King movie?
The first Steven King movie I ever saw was "It". My cousin, one year older than me, convinved me to watch it when I was about 9 years old. It terrified me beyond all good taste! For years afterwards, I was afraid to enter the bathroom with the light off, and I would not take a shower unless someone else in my family was on the same floor of the house as me. If my whole family was watching TV in the basement, and I was supposed to take a shower on the second floor, I would have to either convince my younger brother to come play in his room upstairs while I showered, or go dirty for another day!
As I got older though I became more able to handle Steven King's movies, and I even read the books! I particularly liked the ones that involved children, like "Carrie" or "The Shining". The prospect of a kid being involved makes things even scarier! (Luckily the kids in Steven King books usually turn out okay) The bushes outside the hotel, carved into creepy shapes, really freaked me out!
Anyway, there's a new Steven King movie out, based on the book The Mist by Stephen King. I just saw the trailer, and now I can't wait to see the movie. Apparently a father and son are shopping in a small-town grocery store, when suddenly the store becomes surrounded by some sort of thick, thick fog, or mist. It soon becomes clear that everything outside of the store has been sucked into the mist, and anyone who goes out of the store will vanish into it as well. There seem to be some sort of giant gremlin-type bugs involved, as well. Go see for yourself! But don't watch it if you're home alone! ;)

No comments: