Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Commercial Break: Hamilton Beach® Eclectrics® All-Metal Stand Mixer!

The following is a sponsored post. Please check out our sponsor's site, in order to thank them for allowing us to make more donations to children's organizations!
Christmas is almost here, and do you know what my favorite part of Christmas is? Food! Specifically, cookies. When I was a little kid, every December my mom would make many, many different types of Christmas cookies! Each day she'd bake two or three kinds. By Christmas, we'd have tons and tons of Tupperware containers filled with delicious holiday treats. We'd share some with friends and neighbors, and put some out on Christmas Eve for our guests... but mostly, we just enjoyed them ourselves!
These days my mom works full time so she doesn't have much time to be baking. But she still makes several kinds of cookies... we just have to stick to our favorites! My personal favorite is Christmas meringues. I could eat a million of those things! Here's what you do...

INGREDIENTS
2 egg whites
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
3/4 c. sugar
1 pkg. mint chocolate chips (My aunt has a variation, in which she uses Andes mints!)
Red or green food coloring (My mom makes two batches each time, one red and one green!)

Beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar, adding sugar gradually until stiff. Add coloring and chips. Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper, and drop cookies onto sheet. Preheat oven to 375 for 15 minutes. Turn off. Place cookies in oven and leave overnight. Makes 24 cookies.


The funny thing about my mom is that when she makes these cookies (and all cookies that require an electric mixer) she uses this Mix Master that literally is straight out of the 50s'! This thing is the original Mix Master! That baking job would be a lot easier if she had a Hamilton Beach Eclectrics® Mixer!
The Hamilton Beach® Mixer has 400 watts of power, so it is really tough and can mix just about anything! In fact, with this mixer, my mom could make nine batches of my special meringue cookies at one time! It has a professional two-way rotating head, so you can do hands-free mixing. (I would like that, because when my mom isn't using her Mix Master, she uses a hand-held egg beater, and whenever I try to help her by using it, it shakes me to the core and I feel like I'm getting electroshock therapy!) It has twelve settings, so you can set it to the exact setting you need for your specific mixing job. It even has different attachments so you can further customize your mixing job!
There's still a few weeks before cookie-baking time. I think I will show my mom the Hamilton Beach® Stand Mixer. Check this thing out!



No comments: