Sunday, November 18, 2007

Books For Children In Foster Care


Hi everyone! For a school project, I had to create an annotated bibliography of children's books. I decided to do a bibliography of children's books on the subject of foster care. I have finally completed the project tonight (its due Monday) in the form of a PowerPoint Presentation. I thought I'd share it with you here. Instead of one book recommendation for Smarty Sunday, you get to see 30 book recommendations!
One thing I've learned, through creating this project, is that there are not many quality books out there for children in foster care. You may notice that many books in my bibliography were published in the 90's or earlier. This is not a sampling of books about foster care... Basically, it is every book about foster care found anywhere in the state of Illinois! (I traveled to a ton of libraries!)
Download the presentation, if you'd like, and feel free to use it in whatever way you please!
You can download it here. (I think you might have to use your email address to create a 4Shared account in order to see it... but its pretty easy and you don't have to confirm your email address or anything, you just need to use it to log in!
Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Yondalla said...

Thank you so much! This is a great resource.