Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday Thirteen!

Yay, later today I'm leaving for the BlogHer Conference, which is strategically located in Chicago, my hometown, this year! So, this week I thought I'd present...

Thirteen Things about WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO AT THE BLOGHER CONFERENCE!


1. Staying in a really, really, really, really, really fancy hotel that I'd probably never have the chance to stay in otherwise!
2. Meeting lots of other bloggers... er... bloghers!
3. Getting a tote bag full of goodies, just like my mom does when she goes to her conventions! Except hers are usually at Disney World. Lucky punk.
4. Devoting two entire days to learning more about blogging, talking about blogging, and actually blogging! With no guilt! Hooty-hoo!
5. Gettinga break from all the chaos thats been happening with the girls and their dad, the Assgrabber!
6. Going to cocktail parties like a normal person!
7. Getting to wear my favorite clothes without having to worry that some little kid will puke, pee, poop, sneeze, or spill on me!
8. Reading lots of new blogs and actually getting to know the masterminds behind them!
9. The wicked-cool Saturday night cocktail party which will be in the Children's Museum! And grown-ups will be allowed to play! Without feeling foolish!
10. Venetian night! I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Venetian night but somehow never did. Oooh I'm so excited!
11. Riding the world's larges ferris wheel!
12. OK maybe I don't actually have thirteen things.
13. Can anyone think of two more?

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



7 comments:

ExPat Mom said...

I am SO jealous! I want to get away from kids and meet other bloggers, too. Sigh. Maybe a few years in the future when my passport is fixed and I have the money to travel from Guatemala to the States.

Irreverent, Barefoot Ragamuffins said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to attend something like this. Lucky you.

Please visit my TT this week. Its 13 of many awesome prizes you could win in a contest that benefits a very special little boy named Parker.

Happy TT!

The Rock Chick said...

I'm from Chicago, too!!! I intended to attend BlogHer, but it turned out that Blogathon 2007 was this weekend, too. I debated and decided to do the blogathon. Have fun at Navy pier! The height of that ferris wheel scares me. I won't get on it :)

I have a special TT today about everything happening on my blog on Saturday for Blogathon 2007! Hope you'll stop by!

Happy TT!
Jessica The Rock Chick

Christine said...

Have a fantastic time. I'm so jealous. Wish I could get away and have some fun time with BlogHers.
There's always next year!

Joy T. said...

I'm signed up with BlogHer but I'm not really 'familiar' with BlogHer. Shame on me. After reading your TT though, it sounds like you have full intentions on having a ton of fun!

Titania Starlight said...

A blogging convention? Sounds like tons of fun. My hubby is a native Chicagoan. I jsut drove throguh it once. I was so overwhelmed.

Thanks for stopping by my T13

Marilyn said...

Normal people go to cocktail parties?

I should do that some day.