Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Well, this week has been quite a week for me! I learned a lot about some different things! And so, I present to you...


Thirteen Things about WHAT I LEARNED THIS WEEK!


1. Trying to get a tick out of your skin by burning it with a match is an old wive's tale. You should never do that. Instead, you should use tweezers to yank it out!
2. If you burn the tick, or yank it out incompletely, you might startle it and cause it to puke, under your skin!
3. Lyme disease is not necessarily fatal... It can be treated with antibiotics!
4. If you faint at the doctor's office during a blood test, they will give you a free Sprite and some candy and be really nice to you!
5. The company I work for is fraudalent!
7. If the company you work for refuses to give you your paycheck, you can threaten to call the Labor Board. That might help them get your paycheck to you faster!
8. If you apply for a job as a receptionist at a certain place, they will make you fill out about ninety forms, plus get fingerprinted, before they eventually tell you that the job only pays $7.50 an hour.
9. Glow sticks can burst open, causing radioactive glowing goo to spill all over you!
10. Dogs and cats don't really like wearing glowstick necklaces.
11. Contrary to popular belief, drinking soda does not dehydrate you. In fact, all beverages hydrate you! I know this is true because I read it on the back of a 12-pack of Coca-Cola.
12. A game in which the object is to toss beanbags across the yard into a hole has become a popular passtime among usually rational adults!
13. When the Fourth of July is on a Wednesday, it means you get to celebrate ALL WEEK LONG!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



3 comments:

Norma said...

You've learned a lot this week! I blogged about ticks about 2 weeks ago.

http://collectingmythoughts.blogspot.com/2007/07/thursday-thirteen-about-our-trip-1-last.html

OpenChannel said...

great list... thanks for cruising into mine and I will aim to complete all the lists I listed. haha.

Journeywoman said...

Sorry about the tick. I knew about the glowing thing though, my friend's cat would attack it.

Happy 4th.