Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday Thirteen!

I won't be posting in this blog for a few days, because I'm taking Brandon, Melissa and Maggie on a camping trip! (Single woman, taking 3 kids on a 5-day road trip... I can't decide if I'm really brave, really crazy, or really dumb!) We're going to take a road trip to Missouri, stopping half way there and staying the night in a hotel so the kids can swim. Then we'll camp in Missouri for two nights at a family camping festival, and head back on Sunday... probably stopping half-way again so I can rest.
So, I thought I'd do my Thursday Thirteen on...


Thirteen Things I'm Planning On For This Vacation!


1. Listening to lots of music in the car.

2. Stopping to eat at some places besides McDonalds!

3. Getting a good night's sleep at the hotel!

4. Figuring out how to pitch the two tents without Anthony's help! (Because he won't be there!)

5. Getting through the weekend without Brandon screaming about spiders, dirt, porta-potties, etc!

6. Swimming in the river!

7. Hiking!

8. Listening to some good music!

9. Introducing the kids to vegetarian food!

10. Playing in the drum circle and introducing the kids to it!

11. Not needing to build my own campfire because I don't really know how!

12. Stopping at the Children's Museum of Illinois on the way home!

13. Really bonding as a "family"... even if it is a trauma bond!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Actually, because I'm leaving in a few hours, I probably WON'T be able to add your link to this list, this time... so if you want to see links to other Thursday Thirteen-ers, check out the comments or go to http://www.thursdaythirteen.com!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

14 comments:

Lady Rose said...

sounds like you have a lot of fun ahead! and the drum circle sounds great. Lady Rose

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Ahh, be sure to teach me any tricks you pick up. I've been informed that I am the one taking #1 to Cub Scout camp for four days this summer! AAUGH!

Happy TT; nice of you to stop by. Hope I'll see more of you when you're back from camping. Have a great trip!

Sue said...

You must tell me about John Lennon in ghostly form! Thank you for stopping by, and I enjoyed your list. Best wishes for your trip! Camping is fun .. :)

Lori said...

It makes ME want to go on vacation. Nothing better than Hotel sleeping...lol

Di said...

We ALWAYS have to stop at McDonald's or the like because we travel with our dog...85 pound Doberman, Toby. So we don't want to leave him in the car while we go in somewhere and eat.

Consequently, I NEVER eat McDonald's except when we are driving.

L^2 said...

Hope you have a great trip. It sounds like you have a lot of fun planned. I love camping. I'm always in charge of building the fire. :-)

Thanks for visitiing my TT.

Moving Mama said...

Fun - fun - fun! My boys are going camping this weekend if the weather holds. Mama's staying home with the toddler who is TOO busy to be a camper. Travel safely.

Mz Jackson said...

Have a great vacation! Happy TT!

Thomma Lyn said...

Ahhhh, a drumming circle! That sounds wonderful. Enjoy your vacation -- sounds like it will be a great one. :)

Happy TT, and thanks for visiting my blog!

impworks said...

Have a really great holiday :-)

alex said...

Sounds like you're in for a fun-filled weekend! I cant say that I would be brave enough, so well done! Thanks for visiting my TT!

gabriella hewitt said...

Have a fun safe trip. Hope to hear all about it when you get back!

Sophisticated Writer said...

Have fun! I want to go on vacation too :(

PJ said...

Sounds like a good trip. I love playing in the drum circle.