Thursday, June 7, 2007

Get To Know Your Blogger!

I've realized that, unlike the usual blog that I write, this is such a topical blog that readers probably end up knowing nothing about me, except for the fact that I care about children's issues! So I've decided to share a few random facts about myself, with this Thursday Thirteen Meme!


Thirteen Things about NICKI


1. By the time I was 7 years old, I had moved 6 times!


2. I love animals so much, I often cry when I see dead animals in the street! And I once buried a dead kitten I passed.


3. I’ve been in college for about 7 years now… I went part time for quite a while, and then decided to go back to school full-time… but things keep going wrong, and so it is taking me FOREVER!


4. I have ADHD so bad my head is spinning!


5. I spent a year in Americorps, mentoring children and working in a learning center for kids with special needs.


6. In the summer I volunteer at Camp To Belong, a camp for children in foster care who are separated from their siblings.


7. My spirit animal is Chipmunk.


8. I have taken a Greyhound trip across the country and back… twice! And I loved it!


9. I once had my foot run over by a jeep, while hitchhiking!


10. I don’t know how to blow a bubblegum bubble.


11. I have spent several years being homeless.


12. I can say the alphabet backwards.


13. I love being in water, but I can’t swim very well!



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



No comments: