Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Reading List For Foster Care Awareness Month


At the end of Child Abuse Awareness month, I provided a reading list on the tpic of child abuse. As Foster Care Awareness and Missing Children Awareness Month comes to an end, I'd like to do the same thing. Today will feature a list about foster care, and tomorrow will feature a list about missing children. Head to a local library or book store, and read up on these issues!

FOSTER CARE AWARENESS READING LIST


Children's Books

Maybe Days, by Jennifer Wilgocki

The Star

My Foster Care Journey


Foster Parenting Guides

Welcome Home: A Guide For Adoptive, Foster, and Treatment Foster Parents.

Practical Tools For Foster Parents

When Do I Go Home: Intervention Strategies For Foster Parents And Helping Professionals

Nonfiction

On Their Own: What Happens To Kids When They Age Out Of The Foster Care System?

Orphans Of the Living

Foster Parent Memoirs

Another Place At The Table

Memoirs Of A Baby Stealer: Lessons I've Learned As A Foster Mother

The Things I Want Most

Foster Children Memoirs

Foster Care odyssey

Like Family: Growing Up In Other People's Houses

Lost In the System

No comments: