Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sam's Song


I wanted to share this music file with you, if you don't mind! This is a song written and performed by Terry Prince. It is called "Sam's Song." I heard this on a promotional CD given to vclunteers at Camp To Belong. On the CD, the artist first explains why he wrote the song. He was volunteering at Camp To Belong, when a little boy named Sam confided in him that this was to be his last year at Camp To Belong because he was getting adopted. Sam said that his birth mother had told him that she wanted him to stop loving her, and start loving his adoptive parents instead. As Sam told this story to the artist, he shook his head and said, "But I'll never stop loving my mom!" And that was the inspiration for this song.
It gives me tears in my eyes every time I hear it.
You might also like to check out the artist's webpage. He's a really good song writer, and he's done a lot for different charities, including Camp To Belong, and Habitat For Humanity.
Well, here's the song... just click "play" to hear it! I hope you like it!

1 comment:

melody said...

Oh, that seems such a sad request to make of a little boy. I wish the birth mother could have thought of another way to approach Sam's adoption.

I want to hear to song, but I don't see anywhere to click "play" in the post. Am I missing it?

Thanks.