Friday, May 25, 2007

Commercial Break: Ashop Commerce

I just finished writing another book, which I am self-publishing. I am thinking of trying to sell my books on my own website, instead of only going through the publisher’s website and Amazon.com. That way, I could sell it more easily without having to pay for an ISBN number! I could crank out books by the dozen! Anyway, I found this site that will help you set up your own shopping cart software on your website. Apparently I’m not the only one who’s tried to start their own online store… e-commerce is becoming a pretty big thing! So this site makes it convenient and easy for people to put a shopping cart on their site, and you can even customize it to meet your specific needs! I think it looks like a pretty decent service. I wasn’t able to figure out the cost, though, so I will have to investigate further. Although there is a fee, I think that for people who are planning to get a lot of profit from their online business could benefit from using a service like this. If you try to sell your products through Amazon, CafĂ© Press, etc, you have to pay them a fee every time you sell something. But with this shopping cart service, all you have to do is pay a flat monthly fee, and then you get to keep the rest of your profits! What do you think of that?

No comments: