Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Build-A-Bear's "Hugs Sweet Hugs" Day!


In honor of Foster Care Awareness Month, would you like a really fun, special way to help children in foster care? I think I've found your answer! This Saturday, May 19th, is Hugs Sweet Hugs Day at Build-A-Bear, the national chain store where children can choose, stuff and dress their own personalized stuffed animals. Build-A-Bear will donate 50,000 teddybears to children in foster care in the USA and children in orphanages around the world.
The coolest part about this? The first 200 people to arrive at each Build-A-Bear store will be able to make one of the stuffed animals, for free, to donate to a child. participants will get to build the special bears, and then leave them at the store, to be distributed to foster care and adoption agencies on May 21st.
I have always been a lover of stuffed animals, and even now I have several stuffed animals on my bed, including my beloved Chumbawamba! When I was homeless, Chumba was with me through thick and thin. Whether I was sleeping on a mattress in the shelter, on the floor of someone's house, on a bench outside, in the back seat of a car, or wherever, Chumba was with me, comforting me! And he will be with me, until the day I die! I am very enthusiastic about the comfort a stuffed animal can give to a child. So, one way or another, I am going to be at Build-A-Bear on Saturday, making a bear for some kid I'll never meet! (Hmm, maybe I'll make one for myself, too, as a birthday present for myself!)

No comments: